The Clean Energy Opportunity Act, HB229 (see below for details on this bill), is receiving a hearing this Thursday (March 5, 2015).
We need your help to get this legislation passed. Please:
- Call Your Representative
- Call the KY Legislative Message Line: 1-800-372-7181
- Request: Your own elected Representative as well as members of the House Energy & Tourism Committee
- Leave a message: Please support HB229 – the Clean Energy Opportunity Act
- Attend the Committee hearing on this bill:
- Date: March 5, 2015
- Time: 10:00 a.m. ET
- Location: Room 131 of the Capitol Annex in Frankfort, KY (map)
- Help us fill the room: Invite your family, friends, co-workers, neighbors to come along!
We need to show our elected leaders that passage of this legislation is important to us, their constituents, by packing this hearing with supporters of clean energy development in Kentucky.
Email our Legislative Committee Chair.
Thank you for making a difference!
The Clean Energy Opportunity Act (bill summary) (full text – Word Doc) requires utilities to include renewable energy resources in their energy portfolios (12.5% over next ten years); expands energy efficiency programs for customers. Similar legislation has been adopted by 30 states; bill could create 28,000 jobs in KY.
For updates on this bill, as well as other legislation we are tracking – see our Cumberland Chapter Bill Tracker here.