Lexington residents were treated to a night of songs and stories during the Woodsongs Old Time Radio Hour concert featuring grammy-winning artist Emmylou Harris. Ms. Harris, along with Woodsongs host Michael Jonathan, discussed the issue of Mountaintop Removal and how it has banded together country artists to protect the Appalachian mountain culture. The concert was recorded for broadcasting later this year as part of PBS fundraising week, where products from the movie “Coal Country” will be available to raise funds for the cause. The concert was a sold-out crowd and attendees were able to speak to representatives from the Cumberland Chapter Sierra Club, as well as other organizations who are involved including Appalachian Voices, Heartwood, and Appalshop.
- KY Arrow Darter Faces Potential Extinction-3 Days Left To Help
- Important Hearing on Stream Protection Rules in Lexington this Thursday – 9/3
- Whitesburg, KY second Municipality in nation to pass resolution of support for POWER+
- Encyclical Letter LAUDATO SI’ – Pope Francis Addresses Climate Change
- Part-Time, Contracted Job Opening: Field Organizer, KY Sierra Club